In 2005 Wim Le Page graduated magna cum laude in Computer Science at the University of Antwerp. His master thesis subject was the expressive power of XQuery node construction. In 2005 he started his PhD with the ADReM group at the University of Antwerp on the topic of Mining Patterns in Relational Databases. He defended his PhD in December 2009, and is currently working on mining Software Engineering data in collaboration with the LORE research group at the University of Antwerp.
Mining Patterns in Relational Databases
The Information Age has provided us with huge data repositories which cannot longer be analysed manually. The potential high business value of the knowledge that can be gained, drives the research for automated analysis methods that can handle large amounts of data. Most of the data of industry, education and government is stored in relational database management systems (RDBMSs). This motivates the need for data mining algorithms that can work with arbitrary relational databases, without the need for manual transformation and preprocessing of the data. In this dissertation we introduce two data mining approaches towards the goal of mining interesting patterns in arbitrary relational databases.
Download "Mining Patterns in Relational Databases"
All my publications are listed on the ADReM publications page.
- SMuRFIG: Simple Multi-Relational Frequent Itemset Generator (by Michael Mampaey, Wim Le Page)
- Conqueror: Conjunctive Query Genrator (by Wim Le Page)
- Blixem: A LiXQuery engine.
- Attended the 15th ACM SIGKDD Conference On Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD-09), Paris, France, June 28th to Juli 1st, 2009
- Organised The 19th European Conference on Machine Learning (ECML 2008) and the 12th European Conference
on Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (PKDD 2008), Antwerp, Belgium
September 15th to 19th, 2008
- Presented a poster at the 2008 WOG Seminar on Logic and Computation, Oostduinkerke, Belgium, April 29th to 30th, 2008
- Presented at the SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM08), Atlanta, Gorgia, USA, April 24th to 26th, 2008
- Attended the Dutch-Belgian Database Day, Namur, Belgium, October 10th, 2008
- Attended The 18th European Conference on Machine Learning (ECML 2007) and the 11th European Conference
on Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (PKDD 2007), Warsaw, Poland,
September 17th to 21st, 2007
- Presented at the Dutch-Belgian Database Day, Eindhoven, Nederland, November 29th, 2007
The courses I have taught in the past.
- Project Databases
- Machines en Berekenbaarheid (together with Jeroen Avonts)